Tuesday, February 27, 2007

From Palace to Parking

I'm sure we all remember eating at the Palace restaurant (formerly Bill's Palace), their delicious hamburgers, they're large, crispy pancakes, the smell of coffee, smoke, and great food.

Well, the restaurant that goes back decades has officially sold to the city for $2.4 million, and will have a parking garage located on the site. Had The Palace not sold, the Harrison Square project would be built around it.

The Palace's sign on Monday read "Closed, thank you", and the deal was set to close at 11 AM today. Buying the restaurant could save the city up to $1.5 million on the new parking garage, and they would not have to build an L-shaped parking garage, which is more costly.

Article:
http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/fortwayne/news/local/16794311.htm



What do you think of the City's recent purchase?


And to The Palace, thank you for your many years of business and great food. We will miss you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Will miss Bill's. I walked there many times from work (Summit Bank)

Anonymous said...

I too will miss the Palace. I kind of grew up in my working years going there for breakfast and lunch. I'm sure there will be many new places but always miss the old ones.