Thursday, December 21, 2006

And the crowd roars...

So, I don't think anyone was expecting it to be this big of a project. But here it is, and its a biggy alright-

Phase one-
-$48 million New 300 room hotel
-$12 million 60 condominiums
-$6 million 30,000 commercial space
-$30 million Baseball stadium
-$10 million Parking garage (located across from hotel)
Total: $125 million (with fees and other small expenses)

Pretty big, huh?
And just think, thats only phase one.

I guess you could say, the city gave us a little early Christmas Present today...

Well, now we know why the Mayor had his staff fly in from vacation for this one.

No word yet on how big the stadium will be (seat wise), but I think its safe to say at least 6,500. Maybe more.

There's also a possible 60,000 additional commercial space to be added in the future as part of phase two, possibly some sort of retail shopping center/mini-mall, but thats just my guess.

And who says we'll never see retail on Harrison? According to this, Street level retail also to be along Harrison.

Well, I'm pretty happy with what I see here.

Oh, and did I mention the field is supposed to be ready by 2009?

Yes, it looks like we could be seeing construction start this summer, when it gains approval from the City Plan Commision in March (or is it April?).

No comments: